Application Process Overview
This application is for both the CivicSpark Climate Action Fellowship and/or the CivicSpark Water Action Fellowship. This application will help us to understand your project as well as to determine your eligibility for the program.
- Complete and submit the Application Form below.
- Once submitted, an LGC staff member will contact you to discuss your proposed project goals and next steps.
- Your agency/organization and LGC will confirm a mutual understanding of the project, and complete a ”Service Agreement” with LGC outlining mutual roles, responsibilities, and payment terms.
- Once the Service Agreement is signed by both parties key public agency staff involved in your project complete a “Pre-Service Capacity Assessment” survey (LGC staff will review this process with you during the check-in once we receive your application).
- Whomever will be directly supervising the fellow(s) attends the Pre-Service Project Partner Orientation webinar and prepares for fellow(s) arrival.
All fields marked with a red * are required.
I. Organizational Information
II. Project Description and Goals
Sector Focus and Desired Skills Dropdowns
For the next 4 questions, we ask you to pick from dropdown lists for your top two sector focus for the project, and your top 2 desired skills or abilities for fellows working on your project. Your selections on these items, help us to match more specifically with interests and skills provided by fellows on their applications.
CivicSpark Fellow Site Supervisor and Workspace Requirements
CivicSpark Climate Fellows - Cost and timing
CivicSpark Water Fellows - Costs
III. Target Public Agencies for Fellow Services
This section asks for information about the target local public agencies for your project.
- If your organization is a public agency that a fellow will be supporting, respond with information about your own agency.
- If your organization is not a local public agency and/or the project is targeting a different public agency, provide information for that agency.
Note this information is required, and must be provided before the start of service.
CivicSpark Water Eligibility Questions
IV. Fiscal and Contractual Understanding
AmeriCorps programs are funded by both the Corporation for National and Community Service and through participating local governments. CivicSpark or Water Corps support requires a fiscal contribution. Either public agencies or third parties can be the source for the fiscal contribution. This rate is all-inclusive (e.g. covers workers compensation, liability insurance, workplace costs, member personnel benefits, job travel support); and is only based on project work.
To proceed with services, LGC will require completion of a signed service agreement and a down payment of 10% of total project cost before the start of services. The remaining cost will be paid monthly throughout the term of service.
Please separate each source with a comma.