Fellow works on the Strength and Needs Assessment and Community Engagement and Education elements of the DCI Program to engage people in disadvantaged and underrepresented communities and include their voices in water management planning.
This may include:
- Identifying community leaders and effective agency programs
- Building relationships between the agency and interested stakeholders
- Mobilizing a cohort of interns from California State University and community college campuses
- Working with other partners to support interns with training on IRWM topics, cohort coordination, and mentorship
- Assisting with other specific program elements, such as the completion of community listening workshops and a community water ethnography report on the cultural, social, and water-related strengths and needs of watershed communities