Fellow participates in creation of a Climate Action, Adaptation, or Sustainability Plan.
Depending on the size of the city and complexity of the city’s assets, this may include:
- Best practice research and recommendations
- Creation of a framework for the plan
- Developing content for the plan
- Project management and acting as liaison between local government staff and the consultant writing the plan
- Robust community engagement in the plan development process, including developing community engagement plans, facilitating community task forces, planning community meetings, and reviewing and responding to community feedback
This is often paired with emissions inventorying or other climate action analysis projects.
Example 1: City of Piedmont’s Climate Action Plan
Example 2: City of Emeryville’s Climate Action Plan