CivicSpark is consolidating our program design from three “tracks” focused on specific topic areas into one comprehensive program with a broader resiliency capacity building focus. As part of this, we wanted to share some important program changes for the 2019-20 service year that will be new for existing partners or those who are familiar with our program.
- Track Consolidation: The Climate, Water, and Opportunity Access tracks are now combined under one “resiliency” umbrella. This enables CivicSpark to better serve Partners and Fellows and streamline program administration.
- Project Scope: The broader “resiliency” umbrella will allow greater flexibility in project scopes. Partners can mix project types and topics to best meet their capacity needs.
- Fellow Stipend: Fellows will now receive a $20,000 stipend over their 11 months of service (with potential of an additional small cost of living adjustment).
- Cost Per Fellow: To provide more robust Fellow support, CivicSpark raised partner pricing by $500; for a cost of $26,000 per Fellow (a modest discount is available for projects with 2 or more Fellows). See here for details.
- Eligibility Criteria: Eligibility criteria now focuses on “unmet resiliency capacity needs” to better align with program goals. In most cases, these “needs” should be easier than previous criteria for partners to demonstrate, however more specific information is required to document needs. See here for details.
- Beneficiaries: We are now only requiring one beneficiary per Fellow, instead of two. Partners still have the option to serve more than one beneficiary per Fellow (up to 6) if appropriate. Beneficiaries are still defined as a local government agency, department, or project which receives at minimum 200 hours of Fellows total service hours.
- Changes to the application process: Applicants will be asked to provide insights on what working at their agency and living in their community is like. This will give candidates more specific background information on areas they may be unfamiliar with and help us better match candidates with partners.