Application Process Overview
This form does not save, so we encourage you to prepare your answers offline in case there are any issues with the submission. You can download a word version here.
This application is for CivicSpark project partner proposals for the 2019-20 service year. Your application will help LGC Staff understand your project, identify alignment of your project with our programmatic priorities, and ensure your project is eligible for CivicSpark support. Completion of the application form does not ensure you a placement nor does it obligate you to participate. This is merely the first step in the application and commitment process.
- Complete and submit the Application Form below.
- LGC staff will contact you to discuss your proposed project goals and next steps once your application is received.
- Your agency/organization and LGC will confirm a mutual understanding of the project and complete a ”Service Agreement” (contract) with LGC; this Service Agreement will outline mutual roles, expectations, responsibilities, and terms of payment.
- Once the Service Agreement is signed by both parties, key public agency staff involved in your project will complete a “Pre-Service Capacity Assessment” survey (LGC staff will review this process with you when we discuss your application with you.
- Your agency/organization identifies a “Site Supervisor,” whom will directly supervise Fellow(s); Site Supervisors will participate in a Pre-Service Project Partner Orientation webinar, and makes all necessary preparations for Fellow(s) arrival.
All fields marked with a red *are required.
CivicSpark sends out a monthly newsletter with stories about Fellows' work, our partners, our Alumni, and often includes links to other statewide events and resources. We won't add someone without permission.
II. Project Description and Goals
III. Project Categorizations
The following section includes a series of dropdown options for you to categorize your project and establish a project profile. Categories include target regions, activities, topics, and outputs.
We will use this project categorization to a) match projects more closely with Fellow applicant interests, and b) rank project applications in accordance with our programmatic priorities.
Note: for some of the sections you will estimate the percentage of the project that fits that criteria. Each category should total 100%. For example; General Activity Types: 50% research, 0% Planning, 50% implementation.
IV. Desired Fellow Skills and Support For Fellow
V. Target Local Public Agencies
This section asks for information about the project beneficiaries (target local public agencies, departments or programs within a single agency) that will receive support through your project. This information is required, and must be provided before the start of service (8/25/19).
- You must identify at least 1 beneficiary per Fellow hosted.
- If your organization is not a local public agency and/or the project is benefiting a different public agency, provide information about that agency. NGOs or State Agencies CAN NOT be beneficiaries.
- If your organization is a public agency that a Fellow will be supporting, respond with information about your own agency.
- If multiple departments or programs within a single agency are being served, you only need to answer the three questions below once as the answers apply to the whole agency and you can use the questions below to answer now.
- If you complete the spreadsheet you can skip the three questions below.
Click here to download Excel spreadsheet to complete this section for multiple local governments
Send the completed excel sheet to email@example.com.
Please respond to the question below with respect to the community the agency named above serves and/or for the agency itself. Answering “yes”below indicates that you meet the eligibility criteria, (ie. have a need for capacity), and are therefore eligible to receive CivicSpark support.
These conditions are tiered; that is, if you meet any of the conditions on the first question, you do not need to answer the second or third question. If you DO NOT meet any of the first question conditions but do meet the second condition, you do not need to meet the third. If you don't meet either the first or second conditions, you must meet the third condition to be eligible.
VI. Fiscal Contribution
AmeriCorps programs are funded in part by the Corporation for National and Community Service, and in part by participating local governments. Receiving CivicSpark support requires a fiscal contribution; public agencies or third parties can provide that fiscal contribution. Rates for CivicSpark support are all-inclusive (e.g., covers workers compensation, liability insurance, workplace costs, member personnel benefits, job travel support, etc.); and is based solely on project work.
To proceed with CivicSpark services, LGC requires completion of a signed Service Agreement (contract) and a 10% down payment of total service cost. Service Agreement and down payment must be received prior to the start of CivicSpark Fellow service. The remaining cost of service will be paid monthly throughout the term of service.
For additional details on costing and service information for each period refer to the "Fiscal Contribution" section of our website.
Please separate each source with a comma.
VII. Contractual Understanding
For this final section, we want to be sure you understand certain conditions and priorities we have for the program. Please review and when ready agree to the following questions and linked requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: We encourage you to save a copy of your answers before submitting in case there are any issues as this form does not save your work.
After you submit you should receive an email confirmation. Please check (and check your spam filter) to be sure you receive this confirmation. If you don't your application may not have been submitted. If you do not receive a confirmation please get in touch right away.